Stalker ! Yes , you !


Monday, May 11, 2009

Of laws and blogs.

Being a blogger, I decided that I would be better off if I'm aware of my legal rights.Thus,weeks ago, I went to University Malaya. Yes, the premier public university of the country. It was ranked in the Top 200 of the THE - QS World University Rankings by Times Higher Education in 2006.

A law conference regarding blogging and law was hosted there, and I decided to check it out.
The audience listening attentively as the speaker shares his insights. I shall not load this post with information or make it sound like a lecture, but I'll just roughly talk about the topics which the speakers touch on.

The speaker for the first topic is Mr. Foong Cheng Leong, a lawyer from Kuala Lumpur and a blogger himself.He touched on intellectual property and regulations related to it. His topic gave me some insights on the intellectual property rights; on areas which most people are unaware of, such as rights in registering domains, the owners of the copyright of the images.
Next, Mr. Nizam Bashir, a Malacca lawyer & blogger. He talked about defamation, something very relevant for the Malaysian society as the number of individuals being charged for defamation or sedition has increased significantly.
The event ended with a session for refreshment. Since it was a half day event , I decided to take the opportunity to visit a friend of mine at the university, after the event. We took a stroll around the campus, but the weather was getting unbearable. So, we ended up, hanging out at Mid Valley Megamall after that.

4 comments:

meiilynn said...

eh. ur back in kl redi???

ShaLyN said...

O.M.G.!!!! U ACTUALLY WENT TO LISTEN AR?!!! SERIOUS AR?!!! so many people walk out of biznez law lect and u actually went and listen voluntarily?!! but i must admit la.. this topic damn interesting.. hahaha!! makes me wonder whether I'm in the correct course or not. XP

Jeffrey said...

meiilynn: =p

Shalyn: lol. Yes, I did. Tell you what, I initially almost applied for law for my scholarship. Changed it at last minute to the current one .Hehe.

Stephanie said...

you're tagged, boy!! =D

Sitemeter

Free Hit Counter

About This Blog

The author is a little insane. And this is his blog afterall. So click the big red X button on top, if you find anything offensive. No posts or comments are intended to insult anyone in any form.

  © Blogger template Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP