Stalker ! Yes , you !


Sunday, December 28, 2008

Bloggers' Meet @ Village Fast Food

Last Saturday, I went for a food tasting session for bloggers at Village Fast Food. Personally, I have not been to any blogger event before. But since, I'm on holiday, I thought I would give it a try. The event was jointly organised by Eating Out@ Kuching (Eat Ok) with Green Bento and Village FastFood (VFF).
Being a shy person, I asked the tam chiak Evelyn if she was interested to go as well.
 
What sort of expression is that ? Lol.
Village Fast Food is located on Jalan Onn Kee Hui, opposite of the SUPP Hall . It has a concept of healthy dining; where no MSG is added in the food. Thus, no extra thirst and migraine which you might experience from eating food which are splashed with MSG. A concept similar to my mum's cooking.*winks*
The concept of fresh healthy meals was started by Caroline Wee  at Green Bento. Now , she's expanding to Village Fast Food.
We were rather late,reaching when the introduction session was about to end.
This is not the first time, I blog about food, but usually, people would ask me why I would take a photo of the food before eating.However,  yesterday, there were 7 bloggers at our table and you could see everyone snapping away at the food before digging in.We started our course with soup.
Hot & Sour Soup. A heart warming dish for those who have a craving for spicy food.

Rice was served in a cute little bowl.

Butter prawn. 
You could also consume the head and tail portion of the prawn as well.I did. Seriously, it was nice.
Nyonya Sweet and Sour Chicken
I love it.The sauce was evenly spreaded throughout the boneless chicken.
Nestum Fish Fillet. Personally, I would prefer it with more nestum.XD
4 Combo Vegetable
I could taste the delicious sambal  leaking through the slices of lady finger.
Fried Mee Sua Cangkuk Manis
Actually, I would prefer more of the cangkuk( ma li chai) , but I guess VFF didn't want to overdose us with cangkuk.
Fish and Chips.
It was served with ketchup and my all-time favourite- tar tar sauce.
 
Grilled Beef Steak

The beef steak was served with 3 different sauce: 
Brown Sauce, Mushroom Sauce and Black Pepper Sauce
One of the blogger from my table winning a gift. ( I forgot her name) =.=
(From the left )Her, Francis, Annna
Emmelina and Francis (One of person involved in organizing of the event)

I would say the event was a success. Well done to Caroline, Francis, Annna and all the crew that made the event possible.=)

8 comments:

cutebun said...

Hi!!Isitting next to u during the gathering~~anyway..the girl's name is Serene~~lol...

Serene said...

lol You found my blog ^^" Hi hi and nice to meet ya tho we din reali interact o.O busy eating and snapping pics hahaha.. Thanks for visiting my blog ^^

Serene,
Applejunk.net

iCalvyn.com said...

i wish i can attend, to meet more blogger in different place... penang just have a blogger meet, hope to attend KL one days

Dav DiDi said...

The food looks good ..

Chew said...

Looks like a shark fin soup.... all those food just looks yummy...

a n n n a said...

halo! It's great to finally meet you. Thank you for making it up to the gathering.

I hope you enjoyed yourself during the gathering and the food.

Good Luck & All the best on the contest!

*ding ding ding*

Jeffrey said...

Sherrie: Yea, I know now. =D And I don't seem to be able to access your blog.

Serence: Haha. =D

iCalvyn.com:Haha.Yea. I read about it in your blog.

DavDiDi:Yea, it is. And it's healthy.=D

DavidChew: Haha..Speaking of which, it does. But, it taste different.=D

Annna: Yea, I did. =D Nice meeting you as well.

Harry Kho aka Krawx said...

huehuehue.. i missed the event.. ><"

Sitemeter

Free Hit Counter

About This Blog

The author is a little insane. And this is his blog afterall. So click the big red X button on top, if you find anything offensive. No posts or comments are intended to insult anyone in any form.

  © Blogger template Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP