Stalker ! Yes , you !


Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Long Lost Feeling

It's been sometime since I had this feeling. Yes, this is how travelling around should be. If you remembered my previous rant about travelling around, you would know what I mean.


Ironically , one of the best way to get out of KL Sentral is on one of these rails that leads to the airport. I took the KLIA transit to Putrajaya, where I had a restroom break; prior to continuing my journey on the train to KLIA. KLIA Express offers a faster and more costly alternative to get to the airport; but, as I was on a budget and had some time to spare, I decided to take a less costly ride. Contrary to the popular belief, I'm not loaded with cash to throw around.

This is what I mean. Spacious and comfortable environment. And quiet.

Depending on where you sit, there's even an informative screen in front of you, updating you on the local and world weather and the breaking news around the world.

I was rather lost when I reached KLIA, but a kind staff on duty lead me to the check in counter.And another nice staff there, asked if I would prefer the aisle seat or the window seat. Little did I know, that later on I would have all 3 seats to myself. And to add to that, I was given a seat right behind the business / first class section, which means it's in the front( read less walking).
Here's a photo of the boarding gate where I get to wait before boarding.It's been some time, since I last travelled with Malaysia Airlines. But the previous time, either I didn't notice the excellent service rendered, or I had my mind on something else. But, something really striked me the other day. I actually enjoyed the trip. Well, most of it. With the exception of having another passenger sneezing, 3 seats away from you.

The food served was good. I had fried rice with chicken satay, a very fruity desert , thirst quenching juices and a yogurt drink. I spared the Ferrero Rocher from the evil grip of my stomach. And the rest of the ride, needless to say, was good. Someone tell me why I didn't take the opportunity offered by Youthsays.com to meet Dato' Sri Idris Jala, the CEO of MAS, who took the helm of the then failing GLC ( government-linked company) with massive losses of several hundred million dollars. Under his lead, the airline is in a current state where profits are being recorded
Here 's a peek of the much said health declaration form that I was asked to fill.
When I arrived at Kuching International Airport, a man wearing a face mask, silently redirected us to another area; where more health officials were standing by, with a heat sensing camera. No photos were taken then as, I was paranoid didn't want to subject myself to extra exposure to any virus , if there was any in the area. Even the custom officers had face masks added to their usual official attire. And yes, I'm back in Kuching again, for the time being.

No comments:

Sitemeter

Free Hit Counter

About This Blog

The author is a little insane. And this is his blog afterall. So click the big red X button on top, if you find anything offensive. No posts or comments are intended to insult anyone in any form.

  © Blogger template Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP