Stalker ! Yes , you !


Saturday, January 24, 2009

Rantings of a frequent traveller


Sometimes, travelling around in Malaysia can be a tiresome matter.  Take the KTM for an example.
Crowds of people waiting to board the KTM.
Once in a while, especially during weekends, you see this scene in the KTM.

It's a place where you get pushed, shoved and to some extent molested.
In times like this, where I have to stand, I would stand like a penguin, with my hands on the pockets. Being in a situation that pack like sardines , I don't have to fear falling over, as bodies will form a sort of general support for me. The risk, I would worry about is being pick-pocketed or having my stuff pushed out of my pockets. Trust me , it happens.
This sort of explains why every Malaysian wants to have their own automobile. And why cars are a preferable means of transport.
Something like this.
Another means of transport that I have been taking frequently is planes. 
If you're flying to Kuala Lumpur, you would usually have to walk into the terminal.

Like these people.
But, if you're flying from/ to Kuching, like I always do. You'll get to use the sky bridge to the plane, if you're lucky. Well, so far, I'm always lucky. 

Yes, the sky bridge. Airasia has been trying to upgrade their services.
But LCCT has become a little too pack. Reminds me of KL Sentral or Pudu during the holiday seasons.You get two queues leading to the same counter. Or someone telling you to make way for him/ her to pass. If you still remember my  tiring day at airport , it'll be a terrible experience for tourists if something goes wrong.
Despite LCCT's expansion ,  Airasia's statistics shows that the capacity of LCCT will not be able to sustain the volume of increasing customers of Airasia. 
This would probably lead to some consumers choosing to travel by MAS  @ KLIA over Airasia as for reasons related to comfort and travelling pleasure.
And recently, there's been an ongoing debate on whether Airasia should carry on with their project at Labu. The KLIA-East project. Some say it's a waste of money. Some say it's unnecessary.But, I actually believe this project is a very good one. Not only will it spur economic growth, develop the town of Labu, but it will also propel Malaysia to become South East Asia's aviation hub.

2 comments:

Olivia Mah said...

=D Travel by MAS via KLIA!!!! whole place is deserted as a result of no business. XD You can have the whole departures gates to yourself!!!

Jeffrey said...

haha.deserted ? wow.the last time I tried travelling by MAS, I nearly banged on the door of the departure gates. and the chocolate sellers cheated me into buying some expensive chocolates. haha..but that's another story.

Sitemeter

Free Hit Counter

About This Blog

The author is a little insane. And this is his blog afterall. So click the big red X button on top, if you find anything offensive. No posts or comments are intended to insult anyone in any form.

  © Blogger template Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP