Stalker ! Yes , you !


Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A series of unfortunate technical events

It was sometime ago when I had problems with my laptop. The last occurrence was the attack of Antivirus 2008 through a fake codec scam.That Antivirus 2008 is not what it claims to be. It's actually a rogue software- a hoax to swindle people's money by claiming the presence of non-existent threats. That pesky program even mocked me by hijacking my desktop wallpaper. Such a nuisance. Luckily, I was able to get rid of it using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
But , just now a series of unfortunate technical events occured. Pretty much reminded me that I shouldn't laugh at people.You never know how fast things might turn around and strike at you. Well, suddenly my web browsers was unable to display webpages. I was connected to the Internet; my downloads were still running.But Google Chrome displayed this :
Error 2 (net::ERR_FAILED): Unknown error.

None of the pages seem to load. My Internet Explorer 7 went with the typical:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Firefox was worst . The whole page was blank , and nothing was displayed

Initially , I thought it was due to some of the tweaks I did to Bittorrent;thus, I resetted all the settings.However, the problem persist. Darn. Frustrated, I restarted the window. Only to be greeted by this :



Again and again. No joke. It restarted over and over again. After 5 or 6 times , I rebooted in safe mode and ran an malware scan on the system. Then , it came to me that I just installed Rapidshare Plus, a software to help me download files from rapidshare.As a free user, I don't have a premium account. You know me, I don't pay for what I can get for free. >_<

Something you might be familiar with, after your computer reboots from an error.



And I saw this for the first time.

Being paranoid, I went on with a full adware scan after that incident. It's better to be safe than sorry.
ps- the 28 infections were just some Internet Explorer cookies from some advertising sites.

5 comments:

Julia said...

HOLY CRAP! I HAD THE SAME PROB!!!!
twice!!! zomg T.T
what do i do?

Capablanca said...

Both computer noob :P Don't install anything or download anything lah.

Jeffrey said...

Julia:Which one ? Noob =p

Lu: Haha..at least I saved it =p

Julia said...

the blue screen of death lar! if not which one, you mean u had a FEW probs? hahaha..then obviously u NOOB-er lar!lmao

Jeffrey said...

>_<
see what's mentioned on the blue screen of death.. then try googgling it..

Sitemeter

Free Hit Counter

About This Blog

The author is a little insane. And this is his blog afterall. So click the big red X button on top, if you find anything offensive. No posts or comments are intended to insult anyone in any form.

  © Blogger template Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP